Friday, January 8, 2010

Exam - Mission Accomplished.

I took and passed the exam this morning.

I arrived about 40 minutes early before my scheduled time. They took me right at that time and, after validating my 2 pieces of ID, allowed me to take the exam.

I was given a mylar sheet for notes and an erasable marker and that was it. This allows you to do a "brain dump" when you start the exam. No cell phones or electronic devices allowed in the room. You don't need to bring any pencil or paper.

There is 1 hour and 15 minutes allowed to complete the 40 question exam and I finished in 32 minutes. There is a timer on the top of the screen showing you which question you are on and how much time is left on the exam.

The exam allows you to mark questions for follow-up. When I finished all the questions, a summary page came up showing me which questions I marked and which ones I didn't answer. I marked about 7-8 for follow-up because in the second pass many questions somehow become clearer.

There were many questions on where each process or activity fits within the core processes.

I felt that the book I used to study with [here] was not too beneficial to me personally. I would recommend another source of study material.

My score was 70 and 65 was needed to pass. I should have taken this a year ago when I was studying harder. After almost a year off, I studied for the past 1.5 - 2 weeks.

Well, on to the next cert.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is a great blog to get started. I plan to appear for ITIL but need some initial points on syllabus and study material to start with. Any help or pointers on this is appreciated.

ITIL V3 Foundation Certification Training said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chukie said...

Hi Dan, you mentioned security, if u say microsoft security changes every 3 years, which do u recommend i take cos i was thinking of that too. Thanks.

John Peter said...

I attempt to seem for ITIL however would like some initial points on information and study material to start out with

ISTQBDumps said...

Thanks anyone got any information on configuration management?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

A very good post about ITIL Foundation Certification
US
where you can get benefited with the info.

CompleteExamCollection said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rahul.k.varma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CompleteExamCollection said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

A good study plan can be found here: http://masterofproject.com/blog/267447/itil-foundation-study-plan

ITIL Foundation said...

great!!! thanks for giving such information about itil foundation training

neeti said...

Really Great! thanks for sharing this information ITIL Certification in Pune

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate information shared above. It’s of great help. If someone want to learn Online (Virtual) instructor lead live training in ITIL Foundation training, kindly contact us http://www.maxmunus.com/contact
MaxMunus Offer World Class Virtual Instructor led training on ITIL Foundation training. We have industry expert trainer. We provide Training Material and Software Support. MaxMunus has successfully conducted 100000+ trainings in India, USA, UK, Australlia, Switzerland, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Bahrain and UAE etc.
For Demo Contact us.
Nitesh Kumar
MaxMunus
E-mail: nitesh@maxmunus.com
Skype id: nitesh_maxmunus
Ph:(+91) 8553912023
http://www.maxmunus.com/


Daisy Ivy said...

CISSP Dumps is the only reliable and authentic material that can lead you to definite success by giving you the best opportunity to perform in your full potentials. Their authenticity motivated me to choose them as my helping guide and it is the result that motivated me to write here for you. And now I am satisfied with my selection and obviously everyone wants to be satisfied like me but you need to take right step at right time so don’t waste your time and go for this.

EXPLORE COURSES said...

Guys, Do you know the latest version of ITIL Certification exam has been out kindly check it out - Latest Version Of ITIL Certification Exam

Certification course said...

PRINCE2 CERTIFICATION COST