Friday, March 20, 2009

Status

I've gotten way off track on studying for this exam.

Self-study has always been an issue for me. In addition to my full-time job, I've been continually teaching a couple project management classes, so it's not like I'm just sitting around.

I still listen to notes I've digitally recorded about once a week, but once a week will not be very effective. I'm starting to forget some of these things.

I have access to an online book that I've been reading:

ITIL v3 Foundations Certification Training
by Stephen Bajada, GTSLearning © 2008 (146 pages)
This is organized on the 5 phases of the service lifecycle, SS, SD, ST, SO and CSI, which is a different study approach from the study guides referenced on this blog. I'll let you know which is better after the exam ...

01/08/2010 NOTE - After taking the exam, this book did not appear to help me personally.

I'm going to schedule the exam in a couple weeks and then do some intense studying.

I want to move on to another certification and this remains "unfinished business". Based on the high success rates I've seen published on the web, I don't believe the Foundations Exam will be that difficult.

I did see a job posting from a large healthcare vendor that requested ITIL knowledge from candidates. To me, it looks like ITIL continues to increase in popularity in the US. I'm seeing more and more requests for ITIL knowledge overall.

No comments: