Sunday, October 12, 2008

Introduction

I'm Dan.

Since I'm paying for two kids to go through college, I can't afford to go back myself.

As a lower cost alternative, I've been pursuing certification to continue my education and credentials, and to [hopefully] provide additional value to my career.

In December, 2007 I passed the Project Management Institute's [www.pmi.org] PMP certification, and followed it up in June, 2008 with the American Society for Quality's [www.asq.org] Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE) .

My blog for the CSQE is [right here].

As this appears to be gaining in popularity, ITIL is next on the list.

Currently, I'm an IT manager in the healthcare industry and teach technology classes for three colleges part time.

1 comment:

Nathaniel @project management institute certification said...

Congratulations for being certified of both Project Management and Software Quality Engineer.

It's great that you are trying your best to get education and credentials even you can't back yourself up to college. Nice thinking.

Hope we can learn more from your blog about Project Management and tips we can do for PMP exam. Keep it up!